Raise your hand if you think bacteria are present only in air and water. I am surprised to know that many women are under this false impression. I think it’s a wake-up call for all the ladies if they don’t know their bodies. You might be like why I am overreacting!! But it sure is a serious issue.
You ask me why? Then surprise, surprise, surprise, because bacteria are not only present in food and air but also in your ‘V.’ Yes you heard that right. Now don’t take too much stress hearing this as their presence is normal and beneficial for your health. To make you more knowledgeable on this topic let’s see what all bacteria are present down there.
But let us first learn how bacteria thrive here. There are typically two types that grow in your private zone, the good ones, and the bad ones. When the bad ones outnumber the good bacteria, it leads to infection.
- Leptospira interrogans, known as serovars, are pathogenic, while some other forms are harmless.
- Escherichia coli or E. coli is the most common disease-causing organism. This organism primarily travels by the fecal-oral route.
- fragilis group is the most commonly isolated Bacteroidaceae in the gastrointestinal flora.
- Bacteroides melaninogenicus is a species of bacterium normally found in the upper respiratory tract. It is an important human pathogen in various anaerobic infections.
- Clostridium perfringens is a Gram-positive, rod-shaped, anaerobic, spore-forming pathogenic bacterium commonly encountered in infections. Its role in disease is minor.
- Lactobacillus is a genus of Gram-positive, facultative anaerobic or microaerophilic, rod-shaped, non-spore-forming bacteria. They are significant constituents of the microbiota at some body sites, such as the urinary system, genital system, and digestive system.
Did you ever imagine ladies that these many bacteria are present in your private zone? Now that you have learned about them (not all though) take care of them, and they will take care of you.