Periods, a word that sends shivers down the spine of some ladies. Not that they are the only ones who have to go through the crisis. Some women are blessed as they are unaware of period pain, while some experience excruciating unbearable pain during periods. The saddest part is they have to bear this not just once but every month.
To get instant relief from the pain and cramps, many women rely on pills or other medications. Have you given a thought whether the pills, apart from saving you from the pain, are doing any good to you? If not, then go through the article which will give you insights about the pills and will make easy for you to decide whether to have them or no.
1. Allergy: Some drugs might lead to allergic reactions in some woman. Signs like rash, redness, itching or blisters might occur. Even though it is a less severe effect, it cannot be ignored.
2. Liver failure: As we know, the liver metabolizes drugs and detoxifies chemicals. Just imagine what will happen if the liver stops functioning or its functioning becomes slow? It leads to dark urine, upset stomach, tiredness, throwing up and many other severe effects. This happens with the intake of menstrual pills.
3. Steven-Johnson syndrome:
This is a chronic skin reaction. It shows some alarming symptoms like blisters, red, swollen, and peeling skin. It may even lead to death. So you need to think a hundred times before having pills.
4. Decreased immunity: Menstrual pills attack your immune system. It reduces white blood cells like neutrophils and granulocytes reducing the immunity.
5. Decreased platelet count: Platelets stop bleeding by clumping and clotting blood vessels. Their reduced number leads to spontaneous and excessive bleeding. The condition is known as thrombocytopenia. In this, the platelet count drops to less than 150,000 platelets per microliter.
6. Giant hives: It is an allergic reaction also known as angioedema. In this condition, there is a swelling of the skin along with hives. It also includes stomach cramping and discoloured patches or rash on the hands, arms, and feet.
7. Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN): TEN is considered as the most severe skin reaction. The early signs of TEN are flu-like symptoms. Then in a few days, blisters appear on the skin, and it starts peeling off forming painful raw areas. The most severe symptoms of TEN include multi-organ failure.
8. Swelling of vocal cord:
The vocal cord has two muscle tissues, larynx and trachea, located side by side. Swelling of the vocal cord is also known as laryngitis. In this, the vocal cords vibrate differently than normal, leading to a change in the sound of our voice. You can even lose your voice if the inflammation is severe.
9. Sleepy dysfunctioning: This is the most common of all the side effects. Either you are too sleepy or drowsy, or you find trouble sleeping. This may happen if your intake of pills is higher.
10. Hepatitis: It is a liver infection caused when there is an overdose or prolonged exposure to a particular drug. In simple language, it is known as drug-induced hepatitis.
Are you still going to depend on these pills after reading all the side effects? Hope not. Instead, lead a healthy and peaceful life by having a nutritiously rich meal, herbal tea intake, regular exercise, sound sleep and of course, our Sirona Pain Relief Patches.