Triphala Powder, Certified Organic - 8 oz
Country of Origin: India
Extremely low heat is used during the entire process of converting from fresh fruits to powder. The temperature is kept below 104°F at all times. This ensures that delicate nutrients are preserved during the entire process. This product has been lab tested for heavy metals, and it complies with U.S. federal and state laws. Color may vary. Species: Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhtaki (Terminalia bellirica)
Other names: Triphala churna
Appearance: Brown color.
Typically used: Powdered
Origin: The name Triphala Churna comes from combining the Sanskrit words “tri” meaning three, “phala” meaning fruit and “churcha,” which means powder. The three fruits are mixed in equal parts to form the traditional Triphala Churna. It has been used for over 2,000 years as a staple in ayurvedic medicine.
Flavor: Triphala contains five of the six tastes recognized in ayurvedic medicine including: Sweet, Sour, Bitter, Pungent and Astringent.
Make Triphala Powder Tea: Add a level teaspoon of the powder, stirred vigorously into a glass of very hot but not boiling. Leave this mixture to settle for at least twenty minutes. Drink the whole glass of triphala water in one sitting, leaving the sediment at the bottom. After this, refill the glass with hot water, mix it well and leave it to use again for a second time.
Sandeep standing under an amla tree in India.
Triphala Powder – Its Many Uses and Properties
Triphala Powder, literally translated as “three fruits” is a traditional Ayurvedic formulation made up of three fruits native to the region. Triphala Churna is often called the “nectar of life” for it’s cleansing, balancing and healing properties in Ayurvedic medicine. The three fruits this blend contains are Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula).
- Amalaki – The word Amla translates to mean “sour”. Amalaki has a naturally sour taste.
- Bibhitaki – In Sanskrit, Bibhitaki is known as “Vibheetaki” in which ‘bheeta’ means fear and ‘Vibheeta’ means lack of fear. The whole word “Vibheetaki” means the fruit that takes away the fear.
- Haritaki – Haritaki has been regarded very highly from ancient times by traditional healers and it is rightly called the mother of herbs.
The Properties of Triphala:Each fruit in the Triphala powder supports the balance of the ayruvedic doshas. Amalaki has a cooling effect, which manages fiery pitta energy. Bibhitaki is good for kapha, which maintains the fluid balance in the body, so this is helpful to get things moving throughout the body. Haritaki has a heating nature but balances all three doshas but most specifically Vata.
Dose Recommendation:One serving of 1/2 tsp, approximately 1300mg.
Uses for Triphala Powder
- Triphala tea: Add a level teaspoon of the powder, stirred vigorously into a glass of very hot but not boiling. Leave this mixture to settle for at least twenty minutes. Drink the whole glass of triphala water in one sitting, leaving the sediment at the bottom. After this, refill the glass with hot water, mix it well and leave it to use again for a second time.
- Capsule: To avoid the taste, put your preferred dose (start with one rounded teaspoon) in to a capsule and take at breakfast and after dinner.
- Add to your favorite smoothie.
- Add triphala powder to your favorite juice: similar to tea, add a level teaspoon and stir vigorously and let sit similar to water.
- Make Triphala Churna Lemon Milk: In 8 ounces of warm milk, add a squeeze of lemon, honey and begin with a level teaspoon of Triphala, increasing to up to two tablespoons over time.
- Mix a pinch of triphala with warm water and use as an eye rinse around eyes. You can use an eyewash cup for this.
- Hair rinse: Mix 2 tablespoons of triphala in 4-5 tablespoons of water, massage in scalp, after 15-20 minutes, add water and spread throughout hair, wait ten more minutes and rinse out for shiny, healthy, thick hair.
- Make taking Triphala a little sweeter by taking with a small spoonful of honey.
- Especially for Pitta people, triphala powder mixed with ghee will help balance this dosha.
Please consult your healthcare practitioner if you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition, or if you experience an allergic reaction.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Encapsulate Triphala at Home
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Buy on Amazon
Orders over $125 qualify for a flat rate of $9.99. This applies to the Continental USA outside of Northeast region. This does not include Alaska or Hawaii.
ONLY NORTHEAST USA
Orders over $75 qualify for a flat rate of $5.99. This applies ONLY to the Northeastern part of the United States, including CT, DE, DC, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA.
WHAT IS YOUR HANDLING TIME?
Pure Indian Foods orders are processed, shipped, and delivered on business days: Monday-Friday (excluding weekends and major holidays). Please allow 2-4 business days for processing depending on product availability and order volume.
HOW LONG IS TRANSIT TIME
USA: On average, 5-10 business days.
Canada: On average, 6-10 business days, but sometimes longer to get through customs.
International: We do not have an estimated time for other countries.
International orders outside the USA may attract additional customs, taxes and duties upon entry to your country; this is the responsibility of the customer. If the package is refused by your country's customs department and it it sent back to us, the shipping cost will be non-refundable. Please be aware, there may be delays.
DO YOU OFFER LOCAL PICK UP?
We are online-only.
We want our customers to be satisfied with the quality of our products. If a product is damaged during shipping or you are unhappy with the product, simply let us know within 14 days after delivery, and we will try to resolve the situation to your satisfaction in a way that is fair to both parties. We are a small company and try to do our best for each situation. Please contact us if you have any questions prior to purchasing.
If you receive the order and you are not satisfied with it, you can return the merchandise in original packaging within 14 days along with the receipt. Once we receive your package, we will refund the amount charged of the items returned. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the shipping costs, unless the product is damaged or defective.
If you refuse the order or if the carrier was not able to deliver it, we will give full refund less the shipping charges.
If the shipping address that you supply is found to be incomplete or incorrect then you are responsible for the additional charges imposed by the shipping company for correcting the address.
RETURNED TO SENDER / UNDELIVERABLE
Hi! I'm Sandeep.
My family has been making ghee since 1889. Today, my wife, Nalini (aka "The Ghee Lady"), carries on this tradition. She still makes all the ghee and tightens every jar by hand.
We are passionate about bringing you traditional and nourishing foods. It's our labor of love and service to human-kind. Thank you for supporting our small family business.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.